Remember when I said you should slap me if I played with my blog template? Remember when @jessicatudor did, and I held my hand to my burning cheek and carried on anyway?*
Yeah. Score three thousand for the demons that distract me from food, loved ones and sanity. Nonetheless, look what I just created. <bouncing emoticon>. Specifically, I’m referring to the image in the top left of this post. I’m considering using Citronella as my avatar instead of Orange-Goggled Girl, or in lieu of my orangey header above. Naturally that would require everything else to be tweaked but what are you going to do?
So about this template: It’s still a work-in-progress, but it does have some new features I like.
- bulleted format for the sidebar – vital when you’re like me and make overly long titles.
- Cleaner design with drop-down tabs.
- A footer that allows me to include other widgets than I could reasonably fit in before.
- More ability to customize my pages and/or posts. For instance, if you want to look at my “About” page, you’ll notice there’s no sidebar.
- The ability to include images in the sidebar.
If you have time, I’d love feedback on the design. Do you miss the stripes? Is this site easy to read in your browser? Are the gif images in the “Want More Tartitude?” section distracting, or charming?
While you’re here, perhaps you’d like to share your own moment of particular e-joy. Is there anything you’ve accomplished on-line that gave you a disproportionate jolt of happiness? Any challenge you’re eager to overcome?
*You can decide whether this refers to regions north or south.