1. So P has chosen his blog name. It’s not TartMan, or Owen, or Bennett, or any of the other thoughtful names we all picked out for him. But I like it. It suits him. It’s also helpfully ambiguous.
What do I mean by that? Well, since his chosen pseudonym is The ToolMaster™, his nickname can vary widely, according to the day’s requirements.
And on bad days, he’ll be just… Tool. 😉
Considering the other possibilities he ruminated over a while — most of which were more suited to a porno site than this blog — I think I got off pretty lightly.
2. Fellow Cherry and writer Charlene Teglia has a blog post up about integrity in writing, even when it might cost you financially. She also names a few resources to learn about contractual gobbledegook — a task I must admit I’ll put off until if/when it becomes necessary. But please, if you’re in the subbing/contracting stage, check it out.
3. A link I have long meant to share about integrity and courage in writing. It’s called “The Writer’s Middle Finger (How to Grow It, Groom It, Love It, and Stretch It)“. Nuff said.
4. I have definitely found my peer group, which is to say they are geeky, nuts about writing, and giddy. We’re doing a fourth group mash-up exercise today, and I’m more hyper than I was on actual Christmas morning.
We’ve got spreadsheets prepared to determine who wrote what piece (competitive much?); our intellects revved to learn about style and atmosphere (ha! you are right to doubt that last statement); and a megaphone.
That last one’s for our fearless leader who lives on the west coast, and who’s still abed, no doubt in a negligee. In another hour or two she will languidly rise and post the first contribution. But that’s not soon enough!
Just in case she can hear me better from Tartitude than from the writing forum where the mash-up’s occuring, let me give this a try:
Wake up, Blond!!!!!
Dang. Still No west coast love.
4. Lastly, a video which never fails to make me tear-up. If you’re a geek too, bet you’re gonna love it:
While you’re here, any links you’d like to share? I’m particularly interested in inspirational ones, and they need not be confined to those about the writing path.