Soft and limp — not words one typically associates with a romance writer, but this is my reality at present. In terms of the food prepared in the kitchen. On account of Molly’s oral surgery.
Yes, peeps, my daughter had her wisdom teeth extracted on Monday. (Later I’ll do research because it’s not obvious to me why they earned the moniker “wisdom” when they’re teeth which don’t appear to possess evolutionary advantage or be associated with intelligence.) After a few almost-fainting spells, she’s now doing fine. Phew!
Alas, my neurons and writing schedule aren’t, and the next few weeks promise to bring more chaos. Specifically:
- a new fridge — fortunate, because yesterday, when I pulled out smoothie ingredients, the bottom two drawers broke; unfortunate in that I’m required to conform to a delivery schedule and clean, and y’all know how I feel about that.
- bathing-suit shopping (’nuff said)
- packing for Nationals (that’s the annual conference of the Romance Writers of America for those of you who aren’t aware).
- an opportunity to meet a lot of awesome people, including writing friends and some of the Unboxed variety (Therese Walsh, Ann Aguirre, possibly also Donald Maass and Barbara O’Neal).
- a few days at home and then family vacation.
In short, I seek your input. It is possible I will have to time create more formal posts about writing in the next few weeks, but more likely I will not. Which would you prefer? Radio silence, or the Tart as unbaked as she is unboxed? In other words, are you interested in what happens at the RWA Nationals? Or should what happens in Orlando stay in Orlando?
I’m putting in a poll so you can make your preferences known anonymously. Of course, I’m also a comment hoor, so have at it if your thoughts cannot be encapsulated in multiple choice format. Hell, have at it anyway! I’m getting pretty good at this spontaneity stuff if I say so myself. 😉