2. Peeps, last week I alluded to my involvement on a small scale with the Red Cross-Writer Unboxed pairing. There are some great prizes available until Sunday evening, including:
- Critique from authors, editors and agents on query letters, proposals and partials
- A custom blog design
- Interior book design for an indie author
- My humble offering, which is a Writer’s Hope book bag. Here are the details:
You are bidding on a selection of books about writing, donated by aspiring author, Jan O’Hara. The titles included are: Betsy Lerner’s Forest for the Trees, Ralph Keyes’ Writer’s Book of Hope, Lott and Pickard’s Seven Steps on the Writer’s Path, and Anne Lamott’s Bird by Bird.
If you’ve thought of buying these books and have held off, now would be an excellent time to place a bid. All monies go to the Red Cross. I’d appreciate it if you pass the word, not just for my entry, but for the auction proper.
3. Lastly, a video I learned of it through @CloviasLawn, a woman so wicked smart she’s been known to break my brain. If you’re on Twitter, follow her and tell her I sent you. 😉 Or don’t. Whatever you do, just don’t step on her lawn!
Filmed in Toyko in January, this piece is entitled Dragon and Peony: Sword Dance and Shadowgraph. I find it poignant, given recent events
As I talk with people, I’m astonished by how many of us have a connection to Japan. We all know friends who live there, or we have visited that country ourselves and become personally attached. Other than being glued to the news, have you been affected by what’s going on a half-world away?