2. 10% or more of your FB friends understand the above statement is reason to congratulate you rather than call the men in the rubber truck.
3. You stand in line at the supermarket check-out, watch the cashier tuck her hair behind her ears with her pinkies, and wonder if your heroine should possess that mannerism.
4. You go to sleep thinking about your story, dream about your story, and wake up with a story problem resolved.
5. You leave your air-conditioned/heated home for a holiday in Mexico, which consists of staring at the beach from your air-conditioned hotel room as you type. Your one and only complaint about this vacation has to do with the paucity of hotel power outlets.
6. You construct a sentence specifically to use the word “paucity”.
7. Your children are named Hemmingway and Munro.
8. You are more interested in the quarterly statements of a certain publisher than the status of the entire Dow Jones Industrial Average. This is true even though your entire portfolio is in the manufacturing sector and you are less than a month away from retirement.
9. You spend 40% of your disposable income on books.
10. Your idea of a “fun” battery-operated device is an e-book reader that reads Rumi aloud in James Earl Jones’s voice.
11. You meet a very obnoxious person at a party, and instead of being intimidated by their rudeness, think, “He would make a perfect antagonist.”
12. You’re confident your blog’s readership will add at least six items to this list.
So howsabout it? Got any behaviours to add to my compilation?